1.01.2012

Happy new year!

I was looking back at a blog i did last year about my new years resolutions for 2011, and i realized that i managed to meet all of my goals last year, but I never would have done it had i not come to Disney. These were my goals last year:
1- Allow myself to be loved- I did meet this goal because in moving to a new place, I didn't know anyone. i had to make new friends and i did, from all over the country. i have 4 roommates that I'd do anything for, and that love me for me, as crazy as I am. i let myself get closer to people than I normally do being here, and i am so glad that I did.
2-Choose to be happy- clearly this one is a no brainer. I'm in Disneyworld for goodness sake! I am extremely happy, so much more so than I have been in years.
3-Have more fun. Again, I'm in Disney. I didn't do as much as i wanted to, but I definitely had more fun than I have in a long time.
4-Reconnect with God- I knew i was right where God wanted me to be in being here. I may not have been to church since I've been here, but I feel closer to God now than i did back home. We're on much better terms right now.
5- Be Calli. Since being here, i realized that I haven't changed so much as I've realized who I am and that I am good enough. I know who I am now, and i am perfectly good enough. i didn't have to be anyone else here but me, and i was accepted.
6-Encourage others- i hope I met this one, at least i feel like i have. I tried to be encouraging to my fellow cast members, and i really hope they feel like I was.
7-Take time to be creative- this one has turned out much harder since I've been here because i don't have the room or my supplies, but I have so many ideas for when I get home. I've also done a ton more photography, so I don't think my creativity has stunted while I've been here. If anything, with the help of pinterest, it has increased.
8-Take care of Calli first- I've done much better at taking care of myself. I've been eating so much better since I've been here, mostly because i am not eating out nearly as much, but I also make better choices when I do go out.
9- Take care of physical self- I've lost a lot of weight since I've been here, which has been awesome. I walk everywhere. Loosing weight did not have the effect i hoped that it would though. i hoped it would lessen the pain in my joints, but it didn't. Kind of bummed about that, but what can you do?
10- Never grow up- I wear a costume everyday at work. I've also got to trick or treat with kids at the resort, get to play with kids everyday, and even got to wear a silly hat for new years. I was more of a kid these last few months than i have been in a while, and it's been amazing.
11- Prioritize- i didn't do what a lot of other CP's did this semester, as in I didn't really go out and party at all, but that's not my thing. i think what I did was figure out what my priorities are, and partying isn't one of them. I feel like i will be more focused this year and really do have my priorities in order, more so than I did before.
12- Get it done now- ok, this one needs work. I guess i didn't make all my goals year, but 11 out of 12 isn't bad! It's still an A. :)

For 2012, I'm not really doing goals. I follow a blog by Ali Edwards, who is a great scrapbooker. She chooses one word each year and that is her word for the whole year. I really like this idea, and for 2012 my word is open. Being opened to new ideas, new people, new experiences. Letting things happen how they are meant to instead of controlling everything. Just being open to whatever comes next.


Happy 2012! I'm bringing lots of faith, trust, and pixie dust into this year, and i can't wait to see what happens!

No comments: