8.21.2011

uh oh, another project in the works!



I know this comes as no surprise to anyone, and if it does, you clearly don't know me that well. :)



When I was here last summer, I wanted to get a flag from all of the different flags that are in Epcot. I didn't have enough money with me at the time, so I thought the next time I was there I would get them. Well, now that I'm living here, i thought it would make a fun keepsake from my time at Disney. I had the day off, so I thought I'd take the bus to Epcot and get the flags while I was thinking about it.



Ta-da! Here's the flags! I'm actually missing one, Canada ironically. For most people this probably wouldn't be funny, but having a Canadian pastor and having my favorite teacher be from Canada, and knowing both of their senses of humor, this is really funny. I'm sure they see the irony in this, and I'm sure you do to if you know these guys.


Anyways, back to my idea. I originally thought I'd collect the flags and put them on a shelf or something. That idea morphed into putting them in a shadow box. Then while i was walking around Epcot I saw the penny press machines. I've recently become obsessed with these machines, so I thought i should get pennies from each of the countries to go with the flags. Then that idea morphed into another idea. (welcome to the inner workings of my brain- this happens to me all the time- you'd get used to it if you were in my head.) Now, what i think I'm going to do is get a long shadow box, take the flags off the poles that they come on and put them on the back of the box along with the pennies, and get some small trinket that represents each country and put that in the box as well. Little things like a mini Eiffle tower for France, chopsticks for China (or maybe Hello Kitty), things like that.


I know it's kind of strange to start thinking of projects to do when i get home when i won't be home until January, but in case you don't know this, my mind is a very strange place. I get an idea and I just can't help myself. I'm so excited about this idea that i had to write it down. I'll have to post a picture of it when I get home and actually am able to make it, if I remember it. :)

No comments: